01 02 03 Scattered Confetti: [Gossamer Blue] July Blog Hop. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

[Gossamer Blue] July Blog Hop.

34


Hey there :) I'm happy to welcome you to my first blog post on a Gossamer Blue blog hop!

For this post I decided to create a new layout with the pretty July kits and this time I wanted to show you that even though they contain lots of blue, red, orange and yellow, you can totally use them to make a more girly, dreamy layout ;)

Gießen Layout by ScatteredConfetti for GossamerBlue July blog hop
Gießen Layout by ScatteredConfetti for GossamerBlue July blog hop

As you can see, for this LO I used mainly light pink, some yellow and white/beige with only a few hints of black, red and blue. I wanted to convey the dreamy, gloomy atmosphere from the photo - so I couldn't use colours that were too bright (in the sense of colourful) or dark.

As for the design of the layout, I used only little paperstrips that I cut from the papers that I had already used for my projects so far. This kind of LO is a great way to use up little scraps that are too pretty to throw away but too small to make something big with it :)

Gießen Layout by ScatteredConfetti for GossamerBlue July blog hop
Gießen Layout by ScatteredConfetti for GossamerBlue July blog hop

I used some embellishments that had the same shape as the paper strips (like the wood veneer sticker, the black "City" sticker or some border stickers from the Shimelle sticker book). But in order to add some interest and not let the layout get boring, I also added some other shapes and embellishments, like the star shape or the geotag.

I mixed and matched different kits on this layout (Scrapbook Main kit, Life Pages kit, Main Add-On, Add-On #2).

Now, are you ready for some more pretty and inspiring projects? Then click through this list of the GB ladies that take part in this blog hop (which are A LOT this time, so get ready to be inspired ;) ):


Alex Hunter Andrea Gray Brenda Smith Brenda Weaver Caylee Grey Chantal Philippe Diane Payne Emily Spahn Erin Taylor Eunyoung Lee Felicitas Mayer Heather Leopard Jill Keller Joy Taylor Katarzyna Przybyt Kathleen Graumüller Katie Ehmann Kellie Winnell Kelly Xenos Michelle Wedertz Patricia Roebuck Rebecca Luminarias Sandra Dietrich Sian Fair Stephanie Buice Yana Smakula

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38